Friday, January 1, 2010

Greatest Hits of Christmas 2009

So rather than discuss all the details I've picked some of my favorite moments of Christmas break:)

Track 1: SHENENDOAH: Riding in the car I was abnoxiously serandading Paul with all the songs I learned in my singing class last semester. I finished "Peace Like a River" and began on "Shenendoah". Much to my surprise papa stew new that song too and dad and me sang the whole thing together.

Track 2: OBSTAKLE COURCE: We got a wii fit for christmas and one of the games you can play is an obstacle cource. You run in place while standng on the little wii board and to jump you striaghten your legs. My dear mother hunched forward as she ran stepping as fast as she could and pumping her arms. She added throwing her arms into the air on the jumps. Effective and hilarious.

Track 3: YUGIO CARDS: We had to clean the family room. Us kids method is put everything into a big pile and then clean the pile. So I found a stack of Yugio cards...and put them in the pile. Found another stack...put them in the pile. Then I found 3 more stacks and realized there shuldn't be that many. After I put them in the pile paul and kekela "put them away" by placing them on the video stand or next to the couch. I would find them next to the couch and put them back in the clean up pile. Upon discovering this I insisted they take the stupid cards to their rooms, and was pleased when I no longer was finding them around the family room... until three days later. One stack under the couch and one on top the entertainment center. My broters are sneaky people.

Track 4: Volleyball: We went to the church and were passing around a volleyball. It was a hard ball and none of us had played in a while and we all had red forarms. Kekela notices and says "we all look like Haole's who have been in the sun to long"

Track 5:BRAZIL CALLING: Kale called! It was good to hear his voice. His hello made me shriek and his goodbye made me cry. In the middle we all took turns talking and listened to his fun stories. He's a good missionary:)

Track 6: COLD NIGHT: Kekela got cold in the night so Maka gave him his blanket. He also took rooster salt and pepper shakers at the youth white elephant activity to give to my mom for her birthay. Nice kid...most the time;)

Track 7: HULA GIRL: One of the wii games is a hula hoop contest. Basically doing an ami as many times as you can will get you a high score. Princess Nika schooled us all doing 450 amis to the left in 90 secs. More than I did! lol. Homegirl got skillz!!

Track 8: TAKING DOWN THE TREE: Paul and I were in charge of taking down the tree. It led to the finding of some stockings and this little number
This barely even covers it. The whole break was full of pactical jokes, teasing comments, wresling matches, much eating, and lots of laughs. Dorothy had it right. There is no place like home.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment