Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My country tis of thee, sweet land of liberty o thee I sing

the prospect of going to D.C, seeing the big city, seeing the historical coolness that permeates the capital and most of all seeing Auntie Kim, Uncle Keola and..... LILIE!!!, has been one of major excitement! and the Sakais did not let down:) I went with my cousin Kamakea to D.C. for our cousin Lillie's 5th birdthay party. 5 days of fun for 5 years of life!! For a day by day account of the fun times complete with pictures see "The Sakai Family" on my blog list. I'm just going to capture a few of my favorite moments.
1.)In the morning I would wake up (I like to sleep with the door open) and I'd see Lillie standing out in the hallway peeking in to see if I was awake yet. She was just tall enough that all I could see was her little head bobbing just above the railing. I would smile and open my blanket and she would come bounding in and snuggle right up next to me. she is sweet and adorable:)
2.) There were many games played including "This is a...what"-not Lillies fav, chutes and ladders -not my fav- hot potatoe- kamas specialty, and our number 1.... trouble. I only wish I could capture the funny times that entertwined our gaming times. suffice it to say Lillie has a very cute laugh (probably something she gets from her mom), Kama is very good at making her laugh, and in chutes in ladders lillie gave herself the brown haired girl, Kama the blonde girl and me the blonde boy :p
3.) When we first got there Auntie Kim showed us to the bathroom where she had a little basket of srubies and toothpaste an hairspray for us which I greatly appreciated for the practical uses , but also the cute way they matched the bathroom colors.
4.) ok well I'm remebering that there are to many good times...to many to write about- it's become overwhelming, and the excitement i used to associate with blogging is dying fast. I think I'm just tired. at any rate, suffice it to say Kamakea is a very fun minor to travel with, Lillie is a sweet heart, auntie kim is hilariouse, and uncle Keola is funny with a twist of quarky. Sakais are bom and D.C is a fun place. My desire to do my student teaching there and live with Auntie Kim them has increased ten fold.

1 comment: