Saturday, December 12, 2009

"Amco, this is Brian"

So my car ended up being in the shop for about... oh the entire month of November! It was quite the mystery case for the boys down at AMCO Transmission, and so each of the 30 days I called in and each of the 30 days my dad called in and it was always the same thing.
ring ring
"Amco, this is Brian"
"Hey Brian its Haliaka...the gray hyndai. Have you guys figured out about when my car will be ready?"
"well that is the question of the hour. hang on"
"yeah we just can't seem to figure out what is wrong...blah blah blah... we don't know when you'll have it back... you're car is annoying... were frustrated with it and sick of it being here"...ok so he dind't say those exact words, but I got vibes.
and then i'd hang up and call again the next day or so. Over all between dad and me we probably talked to Brian from AMCO for at least an hour that month without ever seing or meeting him.
So then last Wednesday I'm going to school. I'm lazy and it's cold so I drive everyday and I park and walk across the whole parking lot(which is farily large..and I remind you that it's very cold) and I can hear someone walking like right behind me. Then as I near the edge of the lot the footsteps quicken and the feet are even closer and this boy says "hey do your lights turn off by themsleves" And I think to myslef...all four windows are taped up equalling ghetto car- do you think my lights are really going to turn off? Why did you follow me across the whole huge parking lot before telling me? But I also was very grateful to the boy. A dead car after school would have truly been aweful on this particular day. and it was really nice that he gave me a chance to not be stupid. you know like he didn't just assume I left them on on accident he gave me the benefit of the doubt first. so with a little chuckle and a big sigh I turn to go back and then the boy says "oh hang on, I'm brian...from AMCO" I bursted out laughing!!!"REALLY?! I say, "YOURE BRIAN?!?" more laughter. It was a good moment. He said how he recognized my car since it had been in there for so long and I just laughed more because now I was really embarrassed that I left my lights on. Then I immediatly called my papa and we exchanged surprised and amused comments. It was fun to run into ole Brian snd I'm glad I have a face to put with the saying I have heard so many times before "AMCO, this is Brian" :)

1 comment:

  1. What a cute story! :) So glad your car is working now!

    ReplyDelete