Monday, November 23, 2009

I'm Thankful for Thanksgiving

Ok before I jump into full on Christmas mode here is my ode to Thanksgiving... After all Thanksgiving deserves some attention too and is greatly pushed aside by christmas. I'd like to correct just a small portion of that injustice :)

SO...

A couple weeks ago, 11/01/09 actually, I laid down to go to bed, but for some reason I was really irritated. I don't remember what about, but it was so much so that I couln't sleep. So I busted out the journal, recorded a few events and thoughts and then made a list of "things I'm sincerly thankful for"
- my job: good hours, good peeps, and good snacks
-Papa Smurf: He insisted on sending me $60.00 from the Carribeaner money to satisfy my hunger- i'd been eating a lot of moms canned cherries at that point
-My Mom :): so thoughtful & funny. She called to tell me about daylight savings after I got mixed up about the time on the phone.
-That Kale is on a missiona and that he loves it
-That ulu-ulu is so solid in church
-That I can talk to Maka for so long and enjoy it so much
-That my schedule right now rocks!
-That I stayed at BYU Provo instead of transferring to BYUH...RUGBY
-That rugby is so fun, and that such cool people play/coach
-That I don't get nervouse before games
-That my uncle Maka and the cousins came and watched my game
-That I have lots of different types of friends
-That I get to go home for Thanksgiving
-That I could do my laundry at Diana's this week
-That I have a car!
-That I love my major so much
-That I'm American:)

After that I had peace like a river and fell right asleep.

Happy American Thanksgiving everyone!!

1 comment: