Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Que to the Tal!!

Aloha mi amigos de blogging! So there came this period of 7 months where I had absolutly no motivation nor interest to blog. like zero. BUT... I would like two things to be known. 1. To my credit I have been writting in my journal. Sometimes it's hard to do both and the Journal needed to know I like him the same as my blog. We just needed some time together. 2. I have not been completely gone... in fact (as creepy as this kinda is) I've been logging in to the ole blog at least once a week and reading everyones posts. That haveing been said there are a few things that need to be blogged.

1. Solve the mystery! (Jessica I dedicate this to you;) )
Thanksgiving... where do I go you ask????? It was New York City baby :) My uncle printed up these amazing itineraries. (he does this for nearly all of his planned events. It is both incredibly useful and just really cute) The whole trip was such a blast! One of the DC highlights for sure!

2. The shout outs
Theres a lot of theses. Shout out to the capital of America! This is a place where I learned that I can do hard things and even make a little bit of a difference:) Shout out to the Sakais! Some of my fondest DC memories were spent at their house. It was my save haven from stress. like I can't even explain. The spirit in their home is so strong and I adore my Auntie Kim and Uncle Keola. Auntie Kim is hilariouse, Uncle Keola is so quarky... which in turn also makes him hilariouse and the banter and obviouse friendship between the two of them is special and adorable. I miss them! Shout out to the cutest girl in the world! Lillie!! Lillie is a firework and I loved every second of every cousin party I had with her. She is so many special things:) Shout out to Wilson High School! I fell head over heels in love with every student there.

3. Where I am now
I graduated in December and moved back home. Like in with my parents. As in I share a room with my 11 year old sister, actually I share a bed with this child. I finished out the school year substitute teaching, and have not applied for jobs or even really done much in the way of making my resume cool. It sounds pretty bad I know, but here's the funny thing. These last 7 months have been so fulfilling and progressing making, and i've been so happy. My original plan was come home sub out the year then go begin life and contribute positively to society. There were many options: teach internationally, mission, HAWAII!!!, DC. It was exciting to think of all the places and advuentures I could go do, but as I pondered and prayed I just felt so much like I needed to stay home. (why is Hawaii never the answer??) Of all the options staying home is probalby not the most exciting, but its the one that stands out. And the Lord has this funny way of reassuring me i'm in the right place. Heavenly father, I asked, should I go on a mission?? he gives me some cool promptings and then boom. i'm called as a seminary teacher. ok Heavenly father so I know i'm suppose to stay home, but I think i'm going to go on a little summer adventure,boom he puts me in releif society. There's this scary pattern of everytime I think of leaving I get strapped with some big church resopnsibilities that keep me tied to the cheney institute building. SO, hint taken I'm in cheney. but really it's been this special time where Kale is home and I've gotten to spend time with my family all together, i've become really involved in my little singles ward and made some amazing friends there. I know i'm where I'm suppose to be and thats a peaceful thing.

4 comments:

  1. You go girl!! Isn't amazing how the Lord's hand is in EVERYTHING we do. Love it. LOVE Him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly: Aunty Kim told me you gave us a shout out. That was nice of you. We miss having you over to the house. You are indeed my favorite niece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why is Hawaii never the answer?!? :D Oh well, at least come visit. Sounds like you're doing super good!

    ReplyDelete