Thursday, February 18, 2010

Me and Mac

Technology and I are very fickle friends. Mostly because I don't understand it, but also because I feel like it dosesn't work a lot of the time. It's dissapoited me in the past and now I'm slow to trust it; HOWEVER, I just made a movie on imovie and posted it on youtube!!! You could say I'm a little bit famouse;) hehe na but really here is another prompt for another post for IPT! "Write about what you learned from this project and how you can see yourself using it in your future classroom."

oh where to even start...

I learned how to navigate better on a mac. Me and the dell have been good friends the past four years and working on the mac had it's uncomfortable start and awkward moments, but like any friendship you keep plugging along and it gets better.

I learned the copywright laws even better and how to properly site things

I learned how to MAKE A MOVIE!!... how to play around with imovie and how to post that onto youtube.

now for how I see myself using this new found knowledge...

Well education seems to favor the mac so i will probably be usning one as a teacher. It will be good to know how to make ws and enter grades and stuff using it.

Making videos can be an effective tool as a teacher and I like that I have the option. Furthermore knowing how to put it on youtube is like sharpening the tool. Then students could view it when they wanted and you have an easy way to show it in class. If I had my students make a video I now would be able to show them how to use imovie.

k so here it is. Haliaka Kauwe Presenting... "Triangle Shirtwaist Factory" An informative and empathetic tale of a devestating event in history. When America went from 1800s to 1900s industry went crazy. There were lots of immigrants who flooded into the factories producing everything from meat, to clothing, to anything. BUT the conditions they worked in were apauling. This film tries to portray a little bit of the horrific lifestyle endured by the factory worker of the early 1900s.


5 comments:

  1. Very cool, Haliaka :) I'm glad the assignment was helpful for you.

    It looks like your Youtube settings are set to private - can you figure out how to make your video public so your blog readers can watch it?

    -Sister Majors

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh oops! yea i'll play around with that

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job Haliaka, the music and pictures really brought the story of the shirtwaist factory to life. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haliaka Im so impressed with you! Your lucky future students....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job! I used to be ONLY PC computers and I didn't even want to touch a mac, but then when I started teaching it was all about macs...especially with graphics. So now all I use are the mac computers and I love it. Although I still would rather use PCs for word and excel.

    ReplyDelete