Friday, February 26, 2010

Does anyone have any questions?

In the last two days I have found myself the target of some weird questions. Tiff suggested a blog post about it...meh...why not? :) the other day i'm at work and this guy calls in at 3:59 ( I get off work at 4:00... I work at the BYU Alumni Records Office- people call in and ask us to look up their old roomates or they update their own addresses and such) so this guy is talking to me and i'm looking up relatives and stuff for him... this is normal... but then hes asking me if helaman halls (the dorms at BYU) have a phone everyone can use and where it would be. um...????? I lived in Heritage. how would I know that??? Then he asked me how he can set up a facebook account. again...pardon??? we discussed facebook for quite a while. He wanted to know if BYU implemented a special protection software against the inappropriate posts of some people. by now it's like 4:15 and I am becoming less and less interested in this strange conversation with each minute that I am at work longer than I am supposed to be. Then he interrupts my schpiel about BYU's internet blocking to ask if i'm Canadian? Am I Canadian??...really? If only this man knew the irony. Well, sir I happen to be in the Candian club and i have an unusually large number of Canadian friends and aquaintences, but no I am not Candaina and I am quite certian there is nothing in my speech or anything I've siad to you that would suggest that I was. Random hah, but whateves. He ended by saying how helpful I was and I left on my merry way. yesterday I was on my way to class and I called up the At&T Store to see what time they closed. There are cars and mopeds driving by as I walk thorugh campus and they are making some noise. The AT&T guys hears the noices and responds with "are you riding a dirt bike?" My face contorts into the same confused did-you-really-just-ask-me-that face that it has been making a lot lately and i say "what?" again he asks me if i'm riding a dirt bike to which i can only laugh and asure him that I'm not...sadly. So in response to all these questions. Yes, Helaman halls has a courtesy phone, but I have no idea where, going to facebook.com will walk you though the steps on how to create an account, facebook has a system by which you can report inappripriate pictures and comments but it is compeltley independant of BYU- although BYU does have an internet blocking system, I am not Candaian, and i don't ride dirtbikes around campus, but I really wish i did. Does anyone have any other questions???

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha that's hilarious. silly byu alumni.

    and you accuse me of blogging during work... ;)

    ReplyDelete