Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Last Week

Dear Woodrow Wilson High School

My name is Haliaka Kauwe. I am 22 years old. I am not a student. Thanks

Just Last week...

1. A student asked how old I was. I gave her my typical "i'm older than you and younger than your parents" response. She followed that with "well, I just thought you had to be in college to do your student teaching"

2. I went to observe a teacher during my free period to get some tips and learn the ropes a little better. I sat down at a desk in the back and the kid next to me says "Hi i'm chris. are you a new student to the class?" No, chris darling I"M A TEACHER!!!! ;(

3. A security guard stepped in front of me as I was leaving school. apparently students are allowed to exit that particular way...

4. I was subbing for a teacher who had to leave. The kids were working on an assignment and I sat down at a desk to do some grading. Mr. Giddens came in the room, looked around, and then said to the class "Do you guys not have a teacher?" YO GIDDENS I"M PRESENT AND NOT A STUDENT!!

5. Devin walked into class and says "hmm, Ms. Kauwe's gone today" "Hi Devin" I say loudly because I am of course, not gone. "Oh dang. Hi Ms. Kauwe. I though you were a student hahahahaha"

yea yea yea Devin, you're not the only one lol

3 comments:

  1. :) Thanks for the smile. I always say I don't want to teach 5th grade because I want to be taller than the students. lol :) Of course it's just a joke, but slightly true. I can't imagine High School.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Haliaka, I miss you! Better to look like them than to look old, I guess, but I know the feeling. It gets old (hahaha...old!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, at least your looking young... that when when you actually want to look younger than your age you still might! Sounds like DC is an adventure! I miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete