Thursday, October 7, 2010

Here a little there a little

I'd like to make a quick plug for improvement. Today I taught a lesson 2nd period. The kids were fine, but I felt skattered and off. There lacked "flow". This made me quite nervouse then to teach my 4th period. 2nd period can handle a day when i'm off, but 4th period. hah oh 4th period. nother story. A story that needs flawless flow and a display of masterful teaching that I fear greatly exceeds me. They are a rough class and a treasure all the same. So after a volcanoe of stress and overwhelmingness erupted out of my stomach and trough my eyes I ate a sandwhich. It's incredible what eating lunch will do to calm a person down. Then I went back to the lesson plan. I tweaked and added according to my mentors input and put on my "bring it" face. and 4th went great!!! Ok so they talked while I was sometimes, little joe had to go out in the hall, angel refused to give up her phone and thus got written up, but... I think they learned something. I think they learned more than second period. I think my lesson and myslef as a teacher...improved. Am I a master teacher? Heck to the no. Am I even a decent teacher. idk. It's probably an arguable point, but am I a better teacher now than when I woke up this morning. I venture to say that I am. I'm learning to find satifaction in improvement. Sometimes that has to be enough.

p.s. Student teaching is hard. Like way hard, but the kids are GOLD. pure gold :)

2 comments:

  1. Way to go girl! :) I am so proud of you! Your nerves will get more calm each time you teach and as you get to know the kids more! One thing I love about teaching is it is a growing experience. Learning never ends and you're absolutely right kids are GOLD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so awesome haliaka! miss you girl!

    ReplyDelete